The ability to exploit information and information technology (IT) is essential to drive innovation and growth in the modern global organisation. Our BSc Business Information Systems programme embeds a systems philosophy of connectivity, adopting a socio-technical approach, connecting people, processes and information in the design of IT applications.
What’s covered in the course?
The efficient and effective management of information, IT, people and processes is critical in the digital corporate arena. You will work collaboratively with tutors, researchers and businesses, applying practice-based skills to real-life case study materials and live project briefs.
The design, development and use of IT systems is explored, enabling you to gain key skills in database design and application development, as well as understating how organisations can harness the data being captured through the Internet of Things.
You will use technical, research, design and organisational skills, enabling you to be employable in a wide range of mediums, and you’ll co-operate with others, planning and undertaking tasks, as well as communicating effectively through writing and presentations.
Why Choose Birmingham City University?
- You will work in advanced software development and computer programming labs, using dedicated facilities for systems analysis, networking, e-commerce and business intelligence – all of which reflect advanced professional practice.
- You will have the option of a sandwich year, enabling you to undertake valuable work experience.
- You will gain experience in working in multidisciplinary teams and understand how to apply your skills within a range of industries.
- You’ll get to work in our £260 million City Centre Campus, using state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technologies.
- Graduates have gone on to work at companies and organisations such as IBM, Mercedes-Benz and Microsoft.
- You will benefit from the expertise of our academic staff, which have a wealth of industry experience.
- For more details about the course and entry requirements please visit Birmingham City University
UK Graduate Support
We help you with the university, UCAS, Student Funding and Visa application process
Please Contact an advisor for FREE Advise by calling 020 3609 0260 or by completing the Enquiry From. And get £150 CashBack through UK Graduate.