About this course
15 months Extended MSc Marketing course is an academically challenging and strategically relevant programme in advanced marketing study, with a particular emphasis on entrepreneurship. The course integrates the Graduate Certificate programme to allow entry for students with equivalent to a standard degree (third class, pass or ordinary).
This 15 months Extended MSc Marketing programme has been designed as a bridging mechanism for UK, EU and international students to progress from undergraduate to postgraduate study at Ulster. The integrated Graduate certificate is a preparatory course that will provide you with a solid foundation in the skills needed for progression on to the MSc Marketing programme. Students, who successfully complete the four modules of the Graduate Certificate stage, namely Academic Writing, Postgraduate Study Skills, Research Methods for Postgraduate Study and International Business Environment and achieving a minimum overall average of 50%, will be in a position to progress directly to the 12 month MSc Marketing.
The 15 months Extended MSc Marketing course is an academically challenging and strategically relevant programme in advanced marketing study, with a particular emphasis on entrepreneurship. The programme is distinctive in exploring leading edge thinking from scholarly sources, alongside a syllabus rich in the practical application of marketing.
The programme has been designed in conjunction with senior marketing executives from industry to address the strategic importance that companies must become more marketing focused and more professional and entrepreneurial in marketing practices.
The course provides an academic insight which educates, develops and enhances the professional competence marketing and business students and will prepare you for middle management and senior appointments in marketing within public, private and social economy sectors.
Students will have the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and insight in the following areas:
- Provide an advanced study of business and management with a particular focus on Marketing
- Prepare and/or develop students for a career in marketing and business by facilitating the development of enhanced transferable skills necessary for marketing management at a variety of levels
- Develop students’ ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and business to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve entrepreneurial marketing and business practice
- Enhance students’ lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large
- Critically evaluate the application and impact of marketing theories and concepts to practical marketing problems
- Develop strong transferable skills of logical reasoning, creative thinking, effective communication and the ability to critically evaluate contemporary issues
- Acquire the skills necessary to conceive, design and implement a substantial research project
- Cultivate highly developed lifelong learning skills and an appreciation for continuing personal and professional development, through self-directed and reflective learning
Progressing on to MSc Marketing
The pass mark for the Graduate Certificate modules is 40% in each module, but to progress to the MSc programme an overall average across Graduate Certificate modules of 50% is required.
Careers and postgraduate opportunities
Students should be eligible to apply for marketing positions across public and private sector organisations. Additionally, the skills acquired through completing the programme have inspired some to set up their own businesses.
The average starting salaries for graduate trainees in marketing is £21,461, the average the salary for a marketing manager is £37,305, a senior brand or product manager earns an average salary of £48,296 and the average salary for a marketing director is £77,799.
A third class, pass or ordinary degree, or equivalent, for more information please visit Ulster University
Duration: 15 months
Please Contact an advisor for FREE Advise by calling 020 3609 0260 or by completing the Enquiry From. And get £150 Cash through UK Graduate.