This course is ideal for learners who wish to gain a
basic knowledge of mental health and the effects it
can have on both individuals and society. Anyone
who currently works in health and social care settings
would benefit from this course, as well as those who
would like to raise their awareness of mental health
for personal reasons. This qualification is suitable for
learners aged 16 or above.
This course contains one unit which is split into
• Section 1: What is meant by mental health
• Section 2: The social and personal effects of mental
• Section 3: The responses to mental health issues
• Section 4: Cultural diversity in relation to mental
• Gain a nationally recognised qualification
• Create a long-standing career pathway within the
health and social care industry
• This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing
you to choose when and where you study
• Study will enhance both your personal skills and
• Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have
the support needed to succeed.
Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. All candidates must be at least 16 years old and you will be asked to complete a short test at the start of your course that’s known as an initial assessment. This will help to decide which ESOL qualification is right for you.
Your final assessment is included in the cost and can be taken by yourself online and upon successful completion your certificate will be emailed you within 2 working days.