This qualification is aimed at learners aged 16 and above who work or want to work in the construction industry and specialise in working with wood. There are four trade areas available: site carpentry, bench joinery, shopfitting joinery, and wood machining.
This course is aimed at people wishing to learn some skills in carpentry and joinery, to progress on to becoming skilled in their chosen trade, or to progress through an apprenticeship and work towards becoming a master craftsman.
At this level, you can begin to specialise in either site carpentry, bench joinery or shopfitting joinery.
The Level 2 Wood Machining for Joinery Manufacture Diploma allows you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Site Carpentry.
It covers the following skills:
- Principles of machine manufactured joinery
- Setting and operating fixed sawing machines
- Setting and operating fixed planing machines
- Setting and operating fixed jointing machines
- Setting and operating fixed profiling machines
- Setting and operating fixed sanding machines
- Setting and operating NC/CNC machines