It is now a requirement that all electrical installations designed after 1 January 2019 comply with BS 7671:2018, 18th Edition. The 18th Edition of The IET Wiring Regulations launched on 2 July 2018. Also known as BS 7671:2018, it’s an opportunity for all electricians to be up to date with the latest industry standards.
Those working on the design, installation and inspection and testing of wiring systems will need to be prepared for the changes in order to remain compliant as some of the changes will affect most electrical installation work.
These include, but are not limited to:
- additions to the scope of BS 7671
- changes to the disconnection times for certain circuits
- further requirements for circuit protection in domestic dwellings
- considerations for Arc Fault Detection in many installations
- supporting of wiring systems
- inspection and testing procedures.